2 Days & 1 Night
Rema Kalenga Reserved Forest, Habiganj, Bangladesh
Rema Kalenga reserve forest, Sylhet is the largest natural forest after the Sundarbans in Bangladesh. A sanctuary for wild animals. The dry forest has been declared as ‘Reserve Forest’ by the government. Though Rema and Kalenga are two different forests, they are closely connected.
Rema Kalenga Trail is the most adventurous trail in Bangladesh. Besides the deep forest and wild animals, tourists will be greeted by indigenous communities such as Tripura, Munda, and Oraw. These people have been living there for ages. its all about nature
A watchtower and a natural lake are the added attractions at Kalenga. A Tipra (Tripura) tribal village is near the border. This forest is rich with flora & fauna and a hideout for a number of rare animals of Bangladesh.
Rema Kalenga Community Home Stay
A community Eco cottage in the middle of Rema Kalenga Wildlife Sanctuary. The cottage is located just outside the Rema-Kalenga Reserve forest. The homestay is maintained by the local community there.
Rema-Kalenga Reserve Forest is extremely popular with animal lovers as well. Anyone visiting this forest may encounter various species of apes, squirrels, deer, tigers, elephants, wild dogs and pigs besides a host of birds including parrots, magpies, owls, kingfishers, eagles, and seagulls.
The trip will start from Sayestagonj.
- 10 AM: Reach Sayestagonj and start the journey to Rema-Kalenga Reserve Forest by CNG or local transport.
- 11 AM: Check in to community homestay or Avijatrik holiday home.
- 1 PM: Lunch at the community homestay with standard Bengali menu.
- After lunch starts trekking through the wildlife sanctuary, our local guide will accompany you on the whole trek. We’ve identified the most important spots for wildlife expedition and photography and also designed the trekking to explore most of the crucial point of the forest.
- Return to the community homestay in the evening. Enjoy a cup of tea at the midst of wild forest and hear stories from our host.
- Dinner will be served at community homestay with home cooked standard Bengali menu.
- Take breakfast early in the morning to get a quick start.
- Breakfast will be served from the local house with a standard Bengali menu.
- Visit the tribal villages around the forest.
- After breakfast starts trekking through the wildlife sanctuary, our local guide will accompany you on the whole trek. We’ve identified the most important spots for wildlife expedition and photography and also designed the trekking to explore most of the crucial points of the forest.
- End of the trekking. Lunch at the community homestay with a standard Bengali menu.
- 3 PM: Check out from homestay and start the journey to Sayestagnj.
- From there, the Trip will end at Sayestagonj