Terms & ConditionsAvijatrik Tourism Limited
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Avijatrik Tourism Ltd. (“Avijatrik Tourism Ltd.” or the “Avijatrik”), you (“you”) agree to these Terms & Conditions (the “Terms”). By booking a Tour you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you make a booking on behalf of other participants, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept these Terms on behalf of the other participants in your party. booking.
- THE BOOKING CONTRACT: Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the We or Avijatrik issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any in correct or incomplete information immediately.
- BOOKING ON BEHALF OF OTHERS: By booking on behalf of other participants, you are deemed to be the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection if any changes or cancellations are required and keeping your party informed. By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and we will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Any special requirements must be disclosed to Avijatrik at the time of booking. The Avijatrik will use reasonable efforts to accommodate special requirements or requests but this is not always possible given the nature of the destinations visited and availability of options outside a planned itinerary. Certain activities may be inaccessible to you if your mobility is limited in any way. All food allergies and dietary restrictions must be disclosed to the Avijatrik at the time of booking but the Avijatrik cannot guarantee that dietary needs or restrictions can be accommodated. Any special requests or requirements do not form part of these Terms or the contract between you and the Avijatrik and the Avijatrik is not liable for any failure to accommodate or fulfill such requests.
- AGE REQUIREMENTS : Anyone under the age of 15 on the date of first travel is considered to be a minor. Minors must always be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany up to two minors. Unless otherwise indicated in the Tour description or by the Avijatrik. All bookings with a minor are subject to review and approval by the Avijatrik. If the consent of a parent, guardian or any other person is required by applicable law for any minor to travel, the accompanying adult is responsible for securing all consents, documentation and ensuring that they and the minor(s) meet all legal requirements to travel, to enter into and depart from applicable countries and regions. The Avijatrik will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure to secure necessary consents, permits, and approvals. Each adult on a booking with a minor or minor(s) is jointly and severally responsible for the behavior, wellbeing, supervision and monitoring of such minor(s), and jointly and severally accepts these Terms for and on behalf of any minor(s) on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability. The Avijatrik does not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any minor(s).
- PRICES, SURCHARGES AND TAXES : The published price of the Tour and any products or services offered by the Avijatrik is subject to change at any time, before or after booking confirmation, up to 30 days before departure. Tours are priced and advertised exclusive of applicable sales taxes. After a confirmation invoice has been issued by the Avijatrik, the Avijatrik reserves the right to impose surcharges on any products or services booked for reasons arising from increases in transportation costs, fuel costs, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airport charges, local operator costs, currency and exchange fluctuations, increases in taxes, or government action which impacts the price of the applicable products or services; provided however, the Avijatrik will only do so where the increase in question is greater than 2% of the original price paid for the products or services (excluding add-ons, insurance, and taxes). Upon learning of the necessity to impose a surcharge in accordance with this section the Avijatrik will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible. Where the increase in price is greater than 15% of the original price of the applicable products or services (excluding add-ons, insurance and taxes), you may choose to either: (a) cancel the applicable booking without incurring any penalty; or (b) accept the change of price. You must notify the Avijatrik of your choice within 14 days of receipt of notice of the increase or you will be deemed to have accepted the price change and will be liable for payment of the increase. From time-to-time the Avijatrik may offer reduced pricing on certain products or services. Reduced pricing applies only to new bookings. Bookings where payment of at least a deposit has been received by the Avijatrik are not entitled to reduced pricing.
- VALIDITY: All dates, itineraries and prices of Tours are subject to change at any time and the current price will be quoted and confirmed at the time of booking, subject to any surcharges that may be levied in accordance these Terms. You acknowledge that you are responsible for keeping up to date on the specific details of your Tour and any other products or services, including, but not limited to checking the Avijatrik’s website at least 72 hours prior to departure as minor changes may have been made after the time of booking.
- DETAILS REQUIRED FOR BOOKING: As a condition of booking, you must provide the information requested by the Avijatrik along with final payment. If you fail to provide all required information prior to the date on which full payment is due, an administrative fee will be charged for any costs incurred by the Avijatrik as a result of your failure to provide the required information. If you fail to supply information required by the Avijatrik for air tickets, permits, or other inclusions, you will also be liable for any costs, fees or losses including failure to obtain or provide that inclusion. In the event that you fail to supply information required by the Avijatrik, the Avijatrik also reserves the right to treat your booking (or the relevant component of your booking) as cancelled and levy any cancellation fees deemed reasonable by the Avijatrik, in its sole discretion. The information required by the Avijatrik will vary by Tour and will be communicated to you or to the Avijatrik’s authorized agent during the booking process. The Avijatrik will not be held responsible for any fees you incur as a result of errors, omissions, inaccuracies, late, misplaced or otherwise incomplete information you have provided.
- AIRFARE: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Avijatrik will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Avijatrik or the applicable air carrier(s). The Avijatrik acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Avijatrik is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- FINAL PAYMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING: The confirmation sent by the Avijatrik will contain details of final payment required for any booking. If full payment is not received by the applicable due date, the Avijatrik may, at its sole discretion, change the rate payable for the booking, or treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit paid on booking as a cancellation fee. The Avijatrik is not responsible for any charges levied by third parties or financial institutions and payable by you as a result of credit card or other payment transactions and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties or financial institutions in connection with payments made by you to the Avijatrik.
- CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT: You may cancel your booking by notifying the Avijatrik. Cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Avijatrik and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products). Cancellation of a Tour: If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip: Between 20 and 30 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 20% of the total booking cost; Between 10 and 19 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 50% of the total booking cost; Between 7 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 100% of the total booking cost; If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made. The above cancellation fees are in addition to fees which may be levied by accommodation providers, travel agents or third-party tour and transport operator fees.
- GUARANTEED DEPARTURES & CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE AVIJATRIKA departure date for a Tour offered by the Avijatrik will become a guaranteed departure when at least one booking secured by a valid deposit has been made on that departure. The Avijatrik guarantees that all scheduled Tour departures booked and secured with a valid deposit will depart as indicated on the applicable confirmation, subject to reasonably itinerary changes as described in these Terms or good faith health and safety concerns. If a Tour is cancelled by the Avijatrik before the date of departure for reasons other than Force Majeure and the cancellation is not caused by your fault or negligence, you will have the choice of accepting from the Avijatrik: (a) a substitute Tour of equivalent or superior value; or (b) a substitute Tour of lesser value if no Tour of equivalent or superior value is reasonably available and to recover from the Avijatrik the difference in price between the price of the Tour originally purchased and the substitute Tour; or The Avijatrik is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that you incur as a result of the cancelled booking including visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or rail, nonrefundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment, the Avijatrik reserves the right to issue a full refund in lieu of the choices above, in its sole discretion. Where a significant element of a Tour as described cannot be provided after departure, the Avijatrik will make suitable alternative arrangements where possible. If it is not possible to provide a suitable alternative or if you reasonably reject any suitable alternatives, the Avijatrik may provide you with a refund for unused products or services as determined in its discretion.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Avijatrik as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Avijatrik that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Avijatrik does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Avijatrik is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- FLEXIBILITY & UNUSED SERVICES: You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledges that they will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Avijatrik. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Avijatrik (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Avijatrik, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- CHANGES: Changes made by the Avijatrik: The Avijatrik may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Avijatrik makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Avijatrik will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to: i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or You must notify the Avijatrik of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary. Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Avijatrik. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Avijatrik, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Avijatrik is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Avijatrik will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary. Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Avijatrik is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Avijatrik’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Avijatrik’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- ACCEPTANCE OF RISK : You acknowledge that adventures travel and the products and services offered by the Avijatrik may involve a significant amount of risk to your health and safety. By traveling with the Avijatrik you acknowledge that you have considered any potential risks to health and safety. You hereby assume responsibility for all such risk and releases the Avijatrik from all claims and causes of action arising from any losses, damages or injuries or death resulting from risks inherent in travel, including adventure travel specifically, visiting foreign destinations, and participating in adventurous activities such as those included in Tour itineraries or otherwise offered by the Avijatrik. You acknowledge that the degree and nature of personal risk involved depends on the products or services booked and the location(s) in which a product or service operates, and that there may be a significant degree of personal risk involved in participating, particularly participating in physical activities, travel to remote locations, carriage by watercraft, participation in “extreme sports” or other high-risk activities, or travel to countries with developing infrastructure. Standards of hygiene, accommodation and transport in certain countries where Tours take place are often lower than the standards you may reasonably expect in your home country or region. You agree that the Avijatrik is not responsible for providing information or guidance with respect to local customs, weather conditions, specific safety concerns, physical challenges or laws in effect in any locations where a Tour, product or service is operated. You acknowledge you have considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges and your own personal capabilities and needs, and you expressly assume the risks associated with travel under such conditions. You must at all times strictly comply with all applicable laws and regulations of all countries and regions. Should you fail to comply with the above or commit any illegal act when on Tour or, if in the opinion of the Avijatrik (acting reasonably), your behavior is causing or is likely to cause danger, distress or material annoyance to others, the Avijatrik may terminate your travel arrangements on any product or service immediately at your expense and without any liability on the Avijatrik’s part. You will not be entitled to any refund for unused or missed services or costs incurred as a result of termination of your travel arrangements, including, without limitation, return travel, accommodations, meals, and incidentals. You are responsible for any costs (including repair, replacement and cleaning fees) incurred by the Avijatrik or the Avijatrik’s suppliers for property damage, destruction or theft caused by you while on a Tour. You agree to immediately report any pre-existing damage to a representative of the Avijatrik and staff of the accommodation, transportation service, or facility as soon as possible upon discovery. You agree to take all prudent measures in relation to your own safety while on Tour including, but not limited to, the proper use of safety devices (including seatbelts, harnesses, flotation devices and helmets) and obeying all posted signs and oral or written warnings regarding health and safety. Neither the Avijatrik nor its Third-Party Suppliers (as defined herein) are liable for loss or damages caused by your failure to comply with safety instructions or warnings. You agree to bring any complaints to the Avijatrik as soon as possible in order to provide the Avijatrik with the opportunity to properly address such complaint. You agree to inform your tour leader, another representative of the Avijatrik or the Avijatrik’s customer service department directly. The Avijatrik assumes no liability for complaints that are not properly brought to the attention of the Avijatrik and cannot resolve or attempt to resolve complaints until proper notice is provided. Any complaint made after the completion of a Tour must be received in writing by the Avijatrik within 30 days of the last day of travel of the booking in question.
- THE AVIJATRIK IS NOT LIABLE FOR THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS:The Avijatrik makes arrangements with accommodation providers, activity providers, airlines, cruise lines, coach companies, transfer operators, shore excursion operators, tour and local guides, and other independent parties (“Third Party Suppliers”) to provide you with some or all of the components of your booking. Third Party Suppliers may also engage the services of local operators and sub-contractors. Although the Avijatrik takes all reasonable care in selecting Third Party Suppliers, the Avijatrik is unable to control Third Party Suppliers, does not supervise Third Party Suppliers and therefore cannot be responsible for their acts or omissions. Any services provided by Third Party Suppliers are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by these Third Party Suppliers and their liability is limited by their tariffs, conditions of carriage, tickets and vouchers and international conventions and agreements that govern the provision of their services. These may limit or exclude liability of the Third Party Supplier. You acknowledge that Third Party Suppliers operate in compliance with the applicable laws of the countries in which they operate and the Avijatrik does not warrant that any Third Party Supplier is in compliance with the laws of your country of residence or any other jurisdiction.
THE AVIJATRIK IS NOT LIABLE AND WILL NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, UPSET, DISAPPOINTMENT, DISTRESS OR FRUSTRATION, WHETHER PHYSICAL OR MENTAL, RESULTING FROM THE ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE AVIJATRIK AND ITS EMPLOYEES.
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS: “Optional Extras” refers to any activity, transportation, meal, product or service not expressly included in the Tour itinerary or price of the Tour and do not form part of the Tour. You agree that any assistance given by the Avijatrik’s representative(s) in arranging, selecting, or booking, any Optional Extras is purely at your request and the Avijatrik makes no warranties and expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever arising from participation in Optional Extras or any information provided by any representative of the Avijatrik regarding any Optional Extras. You release the Avijatrik from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related to or arising from participation in or booking of Optional Extras. You acknowledge and agree that any liability for loss, damages, death, personal injury, illness, emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury or loss of or damage to property associated with Optional Extras is the sole responsibility of the third party providing that service or activity.
- LIABILITY: The Avijatrik and its parents, subsidiaries and their respective employees, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, representatives, and assigns shall not be held liable for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, persons occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any other provider, including but not limited to any defect in any aircraft, watercraft, or vehicle operated or provided by such other provider; and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government or any subdivision or agent thereof, or by acts of God, strikes, fire, flood, war, rebellion, terrorism, insurrection, sickness, quarantine, epidemics, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. You waive any claim against the Avijatrik for any such loss, damage, injury, or death. In the event that any loss, death, injury or illness is caused by the negligent acts or omissions of the Avijatrik or of the Third Party Suppliers of any services which form part of the booking contract then the Avijatrik limits its liability, where applicable by all applicable international conventions. Carriage of passengers and their luggage by sea is governed by the Athens Convention relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea (PAL), as amended (the “Athens Convention”) which is expressly incorporated into these Terms and any liability of the Avijatrik and the Carrier (as that term is defined in the Athens Convention) for death or personal injury or for loss or damage to luggage arising out of carriage by sea will be determined solely in accordance with this Convention. The Athens Convention limits the Carrier’s liability for death or personal injury or loss or damage to luggage and makes special provision for valuables. It presumes that luggage has been delivered undamaged to the Guest unless written notice is given to the Avijatrik and/or the Carrier: (a) in the case of apparent damage, before or at the time of disembarkation or redelivery; or (b) in the case of damage which is not apparent or of loss, within 15 days from the date of disembarkation or redelivery or from the time when such redelivery should have taken place. Any damage payable by the Avijatrik up to the Athens Convention limits will be reduced in proportion to any contributory negligence by you and by the maximum deductible specified in Article 8 (4) of the Athens Convention. Copies of the Athens Convention are available from the Avijatrik on request. In so far as the Avijatrik may be liable to you in respect of claims arising out of carriage by sea, the Avijatrik is entitled to all the rights, defenses, immunities and limitations available, respectively, to the actual carrier and under the relevant Conventions, and nothing in these Terms will be deemed as a surrender thereof. To the extent that any provision in these Terms is made null and void by the Athens Convention or any legislation compulsorily applicable or is otherwise unenforceable, it shall be void to that extent but not further. The Avijatrik’s liability will not at any time exceed that of the carrier under its Conditions of Carriage and applicable or incorporated conventions or other legislation. Any liability in respect of death and personal injury and loss of and damage to luggage which the Avijatrik may incur, whether under the contract with you in accordance with these Terms or otherwise, will always be subject to the limits of liability contained in the Athens Convention for death or personal injury. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary elsewhere in these Terms, the Avijatrik will not in any circumstances be liable to you for any loss or anticipated loss of profit, loss of enjoyment, loss of revenue, loss of use, loss of contract or other opportunity nor for any other consequential or indirect loss or damage of a similar nature. For claims not involving personal injury, death or illness or which are not subject to the Conventions referred to above, any liability the Avijatrik may incur for the negligent acts or omissions of its suppliers will be limited to a maximum of the price which you paid for the applicable Tour, not including insurance premiums and administration charges. Where this relates to loss or damage to luggage and other personal possessions then the Avijatrik liability will not exceed $1,000 CAD. The Avijatrik will not at any time be liable for any loss of or damage to valuables of any nature. You agree that you will be precluded from making a double recovery by making the same claims and seeking recovery against the Avijatrik and its suppliers, contractors or other third parties.
- FORCE MAJEURE: The Avijatrik will not be liable in any way for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for the Avijatrik failure to commence, perform or complete any duty owed to you if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by Act of God, war or war like operations, mechanical breakdowns, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotions, labor difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and where so ever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and government restraint, fire, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Avijatrik; or an event which the Avijatrik or the Third Party Supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee any and all of which, individually and collectively, constitute “Force Majeure”.
- IMAGES AND MARKETING: You agree that, while participating in any Tour, images, photos or videos may be taken by other participants, the Avijatrik or its representatives that may contain or feature you. You consent to any such pictures being taken and grants a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to the Avijatrik, its contractors, sub-contractors and assigns, to reproduce for any purpose whatsoever (including marketing, promotions and the creation of promotional materials by or with sub-licensees), in any medium whatsoever, whether currently known or hereinafter devised, without any further obligation or compensation payable to you.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Terms is so broad as to be unenforceable, such provision will be interpreted to be only so broad as is enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision hereof will in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- CONTRACT PARTIES & SUCCESSORS: These Terms will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, legal and personal representatives, executors, estate trustees, successors and assigns.